Wednesday, December 5, 2018

New Plant Shelf And Ikea Complaints



I got some more plants from Lucy and I am happy about it. For the past few years I have been having plants, losing them to gnats, learning how to tend soil properly, and where to buy the right ones. I am done getting them from large places as I have done in the past. None of the plants I get from a large store live and don't even talk to me about getting one from Trader Joe's. Those things are like table decorations. Lucy is the only one I am getting plants from...or Camille who also gets hers from Lucy. Camille has a hell of a garden going now and next time I see her I'll take a picture so you can see. And also realize that I don't have nearly as many plants as I could have. When one has a lot of plants one has to display them.

I ordered a shelf (HENJE) from Ikea. I already had one that I got from Camille that she'd had for years and I love it. I finally broke down and decided to get one for my growing plant collection. So I order online and what do you know the shelf arrives in a couple of days. It was nuts. I get the package and something seems off. I can't quite put my finger on it until I open the box and realize that there are no posts. There are no damned posts! What I mean is that the box had the shelves, the little bar that goes in the back, instructions, and screws. No posts that, like, hold it all together.


Super pissed.

So I check my order online and their actual site. The image they show is a shelf. So I ordered the shelf. If it were just what I got when I ordered in the picture I would have added things like the posts. Anyhoot, I ordered the posts last night and the damn things came today. They didn't even let me know they were sent or that they arrived. I went to the store and just saw a package for me downstairs. I brought it up and put it together and loved the way it all came together.


It is for sure a different color and I may stain it at some point. It is also lighter in terms of weight and way harder to put together. This is not the same shelf as the one Camille gave me but I like it even though my thumb hates me because of the weird tool you have to use to put it all together. I look forward to getting more plants sooner rather than later. I just wish that Ikea was honest when using their images online. Just say that each thing is sold separately or say something like “Most people who ordered this also ordered this.” Oh, And make sure you order four posts. They are sold in a pack of two. Yeah.

No comments: