Saturday, November 30, 2019

Terrarium Time

Guess who got another hobby? Yeah. This guy. I made my first actual terrarium at my friends library a couple weeks back and have wanted to make more since. I tried to get activated charcoal last week but Home Depot lies about what is in stock. I ended up ordering it on Amazon and got a bag for about six bucks. This morning I went to Anawalt and was able to get rocks, sand, cactus soil, and five plants for less than $30. This is a cheap hobby which I am all for. I also saw that they have the charcoal there.



As for the containers that I use, I just get them from the thrift store Out Of The Closet. They range from $1 to twenty five cents. Yeah. Do not be stupid and spend money buying these at a retail store. They have all kinds of sizes and shapes. The wine glass I had sitting in the cabinet not being used. Just when I was done I decided to make one more.


Oh, I almost forgot. The cloth that used. When these are made it goes rocks, charcoal (ACTIVATED!!!), cloth, dirt, plant, and maybe more rocks if that's your jam. The cloth can be bought at any hardware store. The problem is that they sell it in a lot of yards. I need tiny pieces. Someone online suggested coffee filters and that's what I went with. If it ends up not working out in a few weeks I'll let you all know. I would never use actual cloth like a towel or sock as some have suggested.

No comments: