Friday, January 11, 2019

Wood Block Pixel Mario


This is my first time trying to make something out of wood. I used a basic Mario style sprite from Mario Bros. on NES and gave it a go. This is not a cheap hobbie and requires a lot of steps to get a finished version. I am not good at painting so having to paint parts of this was difficult. I got the bag off of Amazon for twenty something bucks and there are 500 in a bag. Took over 200 just for this design.



I used Gorilla Glue to hold it together which dries fast. Mind the surface underneath. I used a piece of cardboard which got stuck in some places. I also used Minwax stainer and this morning went and got the polyurethane coating when it was all done. I am sure I did this stuff out of order. Oh. I also got this paint markers made for wood that were about four bucks a piece. I love the way it all finished and came together and will see what else I can make today using the mistakes I made to ensure the next one is easier and better.

No comments: