Thursday, January 24, 2019

Happy! The Unicorn Perler Bead

I must have lost my mind to make this. I loved the SyFy series Happy! and wanted to make a Perler bead version of it. I went online to see if anyone else had given it a shot and did not see any. Then I searched for some pixel/sprite versions. Nothing. So I ended up using a drawing from the comic book it is based off of, pixelating it myself, and then getting to work. The character on the show is a few inches tall which make the fact that this is just shy of 36 inches silly. Love the way it came out and ended up having to make it starting from the bottom in six parts total. Feet, body, head, ear and horn, another ear, and then the tail.


Decided that I should add the original drawing I got this from as well as the pixel image I made. I edited the colors in Windows Paint.

2 comments:

Inanreh.PT said...

Really nice! What software do you use to go from the image to the pixel image?

I'm initiating in Beads.

Dante said...

I used Pixel Stitch and then change whatever colors I need to in my Windows program with the little paint bucket tool. Here is a link.

https://www.pixel-stitch.net/