Friday, August 30, 2019

The Apartment Jungle Grows



I am rocking so many plants in my place right now. One of the best things about it is that I am now at a point to where I can propagate them and give them as gifts for folks. Last week I received some plant hangers that I ordered which gave me both the ability to decorate my walls as well as clear off my big ass shelf.


That lasted days because as soon as I had more space I started loading the shelves with smaller plants. As for the hangers I put some of them in my room which means I get to wake up looking at nice plants. Take that, nature! I don't need to go to you. You came to me!


I got some more plants from the farmers market in Hollywood. I have been going every Sunday for the past few weeks and getting plants and dirt. I got the long dangling one and I am hoping it does not die. I am not sure what the hell it is but I was told that it likes water but not too much sun. So far so good, right?


I got these plants and started putting them in little vases that were a part of my wandering jew pot. They are called creeping charlie or Swedish vines. I have been growing them to give away and they are really easy to grow. The more I cut the bushier it gets.


There is also this other plant that I had gotten from my best friends library event. It looked like lettuce but then the stem got stupid long. Cam had the same thing and showed me the cuttings she made from hers. She got little ones growing so I did the same thing. I have the original head of the plant, the stem still in the dirt, and a bunch of the tiny ones I cut and a waiting to get bigger. She also gave me some mother of a thousand tongue plants. They grow crazy fast.

No comments: