Wednesday, June 24, 2020

New Plants And Crazy Dragon Fruit


I got some more plants! Yeah. I have over ninety now and am trying to figure out where to even display them at this point. I got a Xanadu Philodendron from Anawalt. That place is amazing for plants. I also got some tomato plants.



With these I'm gonna try to grow them two ways. Two are in pots and one I slapped together a hanger after watching some videos online. Do I like tomatoes that much? Sure. They're fine. I really just like watching things grow and it would be crazy if I can actually manage to grow something edible in my apartment.


I got this Pin Stripe Calathea from my friend Mama Lukes. She ordered it online and sent it to me and I immediately looked up how to take care of it. The first week I had it in two bright a spot and a few leaves fell off. I was also not watering it enough. It is a prayer plant. It needs to be shaded and watered more often. I did and it bounced back and is doing much better now.


This is that dragon fruit plant I got from Lucy a while back. I was frustrated that it wasn't growing. It was just two chunks just sitting there. I noticed a tiny nub growing when I moved the plant shelf. Fast forward less than two months later and that nub is now longer than the rest of the entire plant. Not even sure what I am gonna do with it considering how huge these things get.

No comments: