Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Making My Own Kokedama

A few months ago my friend gave me a plant that was wrapped in a kokedama. I had not seen one of these before and the damn thing blew my mind. I went to Anawalt this morning to get some moss and dirt for it as well as making a sad attempt at a terrarium. I'm gonna have to wait till next month when I go to the library and learn how to make one of those properly. But the kokedama was relatively easy. I changed up the technique a bit since I found like three or four ways to do it online and made one.


I liked the way it came out so I made another and thought about heading out to get some twine. Then I remembered that I have a bunch of twine hangers and that I could just unravel them. I did that and made the second one.


People make these to hang and do all kinda stuff. Mine are sitting in the kitchen for now chilling until I figure out how I am gonna display them somewhere else. I like the way these look and hope to get better at it as time goes on.


I made a few more this morning. I really want to get better at twine. Hoping that the succulent will do well in the kokedama.

No comments: