Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Cobra Commander Perler Bead (canvas added)

 A couple of days ago I kept going back and forth on what to make next. I had some designs ready to go and realized that I was just going to make them because I could and not because I thought they were particularly cool or wanted them. I remembered that I wanted to make something of Cobra Commander from GI Joe. Huge fan of the show. Got a tattoo and everything. Sing the theme from the animated film randomly. Its awesome. I made a bunch of different Perlers from the cartoon years ago (click here to see those) and decided to make something groovy. This is based off of the art of Robert Atkins whose stuff is incredible looking. 



I was gonna go with black and white and knew that would be silly. Plus I didn't have enough white beads. I did have blues and was gonna do two shades but ended up going with four. I pixelated the drawing and removed the cape because I for sure didn't have enough black beads for that part. A few hours later and melting this together from six pieces (I use one big peg board for all my art) and here it is. I wanna figure out a cool image to frame this into because this one is not going under the bed. 

Click here for Robert Atkins Twitter

Click here for Robert Atkins Instagram

Click here for Robert Atkins DeviantArt

No comments: